Monday, April 18, 2005

DWR, Weblogic, and jetspeed

I am working on getting DWR setup and working for use with some portlet applications that will be running in a Jetspeed1-based portal. I have to say that I am impressed with what DWR keeps me from having to implement. I spent a little time learning what would need to be done to implement some AJAX style functionality and dwr is a time saver. It also keeps the view code a lot cleaner in my opinion.

One problem I found was a simple fix in the DWR servlet class. BEA weblogic was complaining about the ContentType being set after getWriter has already been called on the response.

After fixing that, I was on my way. Hopefully, using the portlet namespace to keep the javascript and div id's unique will allow for multiple portlets on the same page.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home